HANDS-FREE HOME AUTOMATION—IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES!
Geschrieben von Crystal Watts on June 12, 2018
At Control4, we are proud to deliver true whole-home automation with devices that actually work in concert. “Scenes”, as we call them, orchestrate multiple devices at once to help make life in your home more convenient and enjoyable. And with the updated skill for Alexa, we’re putting more smart home power at the tip of your tongue.
The possibilities are up to your imagination. But here are some of our customers' favorite scenes and how they can be controlled using just your voice. Note: initial scenes must be set up by a Control4 smart home professional first.
- As you walk in the door, ask Alexa to turn on your “Welcome” scene, and your house invites you home with lights that lead the way while the family room TV fires up your favorite channel.
- Simply say “Alexa, turn on ‘Cooking’” and the kitchen fixtures ramp up to provide more light—from the pendants to the pantry—while Spotify turns on your favorite playlist, completely hands-free.
- From the comfort of your own bed, ask Alexa to put the house to sleep. Instantly, all lights turn off, shades close, doors lock, and the security system is armed. Simply say “Alexa, turn off house."
- Alexa, turn on/off the dining chandelier
- Alexa, dim master bedroom lamp to 40%
- Alexa, adjust the thermostat to 70 degrees
- Alexa, lock the front door
- Alexa, what is the temperature in here?
- Alexa, set the Living Room fan to 25%
- Alexa, turn on the Apple TV
- Alexa, change the channel to ESPN
- Alexa, pause the Blu-ray player
Should you require more complex programming or want to extend your automation capabilities, your Control4 smart home professional can assist you.
The Control4/Alexa integration was first announced on September 14, 2016, with out-of-box customer functionality of lights and thermostats, available in the U.S. Since then, we've rolled out compatibility with a number of additional countries including the United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, and New Zealand. We will announce the availability of Control4 integration with Alexa in any additional counties upon Amazon certification. To find out if the Control4 Smart Home Skill for Alexa is available in your area, please reach out to your Control4 dealer. The Control4 Smart Home Skill for Alexa requires a Control4 4Sight subscription.
If you’re not yet living in a Control4 Smart Home but are interested in talking with someone about the possibilities of home automation and voice control, simply leave your information and we’ll be in touch.